Section 1, Lesson 1
In Progress

Legal Responsibility

In order to pilot an aircraft you need three documents in your possession — your pilot certificate, medical and a government issued photo ID. You need the photo ID because your pilot’s license doesn’t have your photo on it. Private pilots DO NOT need to take their logbook when they fly. However, student pilots will need to because it contains necessary endorsements. At a minimum, these endorsements will include (1) the pre-solo flight training endorsement, (2) the pre-solo knowledge endorsement. When you fly cross country it will also include a (3) cross country endorsement, and (4+) endorsements for each cross country flight.